Sunday, April 10, 2016

Looking For Just The Right Country Home.......




Above are photos of a country home currently for sale on Zillow.com on an acre of land  located down a dirt road in Southern Maryland.  It’s a foreclosure that is in of needs some work.  When I first saw these pictures I knew that this was the type of home I have been looking for, as I looked at these pictures I began to dream how I would improve the home and land to make it my own.
I have put together a vision book of how I would like my country home to be inside and outside; included in my vision book is  information about where items can be purchase either new or from a reuse/salvage stores.  While the deco and a garden is important there are some other items that needs some thought such as crime rate in the area, home security, home loans, grants to assist with home renovations.  Also deciding whether the area I wish to live will meet my needs, to make this decision I will need to get a map of the area and then making several visits to get the lay of the land.  This will help me to visualize where the stores, hospital, police and fire station, library, schools, community college, churches are located.

All of that’s the easy part I feel, but what am having a hard time is to prepare the old house for sale. Currently there are over 400 homes for sale and 11 rental homes.  The market for selling a home in my current area is not the best.  I continue making repairs and small updates as funds are available to do so. By God’s grace, I hope to be able to sell my current home in the near future as I am ready for a new adventure in my life!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment