Monday, April 25, 2016

Thank you Grant Thompson of Cornell University!









Thank you, Grant L. Thompson, PhD Graduate Student at Cornell University for the wonder gift Garden bag and your kind note. 

What is this all about?

I’m currently participating in the Ecosystem Lawn Study; this study will find out the effects of grass clipping management on soil quality from a small group of households from across my community. The research gather will be used as a model, share with other communities in achieving more sustainable urban centers. The research is on going from 2015, 2016 and 2017.

Grant has provide me information about surrounding community that was built in the early 1940s and was developed on formerly agricultural land.  At the conclusion of the research I will be provide with report of soil conditions in my yard and how to improve the soil.  This information is always useful to a back yard gardener!   

Thanks again Grant and I will see you next fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment