Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving and Black Friday




Hey!  Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and that you got some really good deal on Black Friday!

This is year I had a quite Thanksgiving with my closest family members.  Both of my adult children help-out with the cooking and set-up for the feast. By not have my own wheels was not able to get out on Thursday evening to get some of the door busters.  Early on Friday, I was able to get out to Ollie's, Big Lot!  I was able to get some really good deals!

My strategy is for Black Friday shopping is to prepare my wish list at the same time I open the Christmas account last year.  My wish list for are for items I would like to have but are not a necessity that I have.  So with that list I check out the adds and decide if I will buy directly from the store or go online. I must say some of the online deals beat out what you will find in the store.

While most folks went to the big name discount and box stores I try to shop at the less popular spots that may not have a line 2 to 3 blocks long to get into the store such as Ollie's, Big Lot, Home Depot, Lowes, Sears.  There was also some good pre-Black Friday sales that I was able to get a few things. 
I also keep my receipts in case I need for return as stores are not so willing to take returns with out receipts but also to gauge how much I should save in my Christmas club for next year.  







No comments:

Post a Comment