Saturday, December 12, 2015

The Holiday Season - Christmas




As I write this post it’s the Christmas season and my family is celebrating the joy of this season by spending time together.  We read the Bible and stories about the African American life and culture in days gone by.  Also having weekend family home cook meals together at the table; where we of our share our adventures of the past week and plans for the new week ahead.  Later we listen to gospel, Motown music and dance like David dance celebrating our love for the Lord and for each other. Let's not forget making cookies and coco together.   The main event the Christmas dinner all hands are needed here!  For the past few years I have begun having the grown adults help out with the cooking of the main holiday meal, and to my surprise this has worked out well!




As I have begun to change to a healthier diet and share these new dishes with my family they have also begun to change their eating habits too.  The same is true with their spiritual life. There is a verse in the Bible that I have taken to heart it tells Mothers and Fathers to share God's Word with your children in all that we do with them. By God's grace they will do the same with their own families. I always include my adult children and my granddaughter in my prayers as Job did with his family. The prayers of a mother are a powerful and I know our Lord hears and answer a mother's prayers.











This evening after closing the Sabbath, I made Mango Smoothies for everyone as we listen to music and talked. This recipe makes about 3 to 4small glasses.

Here is my easy Mango Smoothie recipe:

1 cup of Almond milk  (can get at Wal-Mart for about $2 half gallon)
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
1 banana
1 small bag of frozen mango ( you can get this at Dollar Store)

Place all the items listed above in the blender or Ninja and blend until smooth, serve and enjoy!


I hope that you will take time out to enjoy the season and family!







No comments:

Post a Comment